A Cannon Hill massage place is perhaps what most people need in times of stress and anxiety. Fortunately, there are options where all of us can get invigorated, relaxed, and recharged after a long day at work or a hectic week. It’s great to know that there’s somewhere we can go to feed our mind and soul with tranquility and serenity.
More so, getting a massage goes beyond skin deep. It does more than just relaxing our bodies. Truth be told, getting a massage has tons of benefits. This is precisely why the presence of a Cannon Hill massage in our midst is more gratifying. Such an establishment enables all of us to once again reconnect with ourselves through relaxation while reaping the benefits of massage.
What is massage?
Massage involves kneading, stroking, rolling, warming, and applying pressure to skin and muscles. These movements are scientifically and medically done to effectively treat, heal, or relieve the body from different forms of factors.
Some of the factors include injury, stress, anxiety, and other more serious conditions. Cannon Hill massage clinics/places come with expert and professional therapists who are trained to know the kind of massage that is fit for anyone’s specific concern.
Health benefits of massage
Here, we learn about the benefits of having a massage. For one, it is important to understand that massage is actually part of integrative medicine. To fully comprehend this, know that the concept of rest and relaxation are considered bi-products of massage. Both are achieved when massage gets to effectively treat a variety of the body’s medical conditions and situations. As the body is relieved of such conditions, it enters a state of rest and relaxation.
General benefits of getting a Cannon Hill massage
– Stress reduction
– Reduction of muscle pain, muscle soreness, and tension from stress or too much muscle exertion
– Improvement in circulation, alertness, and energy
– Lowering of heart rate and blood pressure
– Improvement on the overall functions of the immune system
– Production of more endorphins known as the body’s natural chemicals to promote the feeling of happiness and feeling good
Other cases where massage offers relief
– Upper and lower back pain
– Sports injuries (athletes in particular have a special massage designed according to the daily rigors of their training)
– Other forms of injuries such as the ones involving soft tissue strains
– Some forms of headaches
– Digestive disorders
– Insomnia especially if it is related to stress
– Anxiety which is a common cause of distress to many people
– Nerve pain
– Myofascial pain syndrome
– Neck pain (stiff neck and others)
Reminders before having a massage
While securing that well-deserved session at a Cannon Hill massage place is rejuvenating, there are some important things to consider. It is imperative to inform the therapist in advance of certain conditions such as:
– Pregnancy. There is a special massage intended for pregnant women which a trained therapist can effectively perform.
– Medical conditions or if currently undergoing some medical treatment.
– Recent surgeries or injuries. The therapist has to know so as not to apply too much pressure or altogether avoid these sensitive and delicate parts of the body. For injuries, a well-trained therapist should know how to appropriately deal with the specific part to ease the pain.
– Allergic reaction. The therapist should know this bit of information so as to avoid using massage oils which may have an allergic reaction to the client.
– Any wounds, broken skin, etc. Know that it may be a little dimly lit in massage clinics or spas. Wounds or cuts may be difficult to see under such conditions. Accidental application of pressure to these wounds or cuts may make it worse. If the therapist knows about these beforehand, he or she can avoid them.
Different Types of Massage
Oftentimes, people get intimidated visiting any spa or a Cannon Hill massage place. Some seem unsure as to what kind of massage is best. Others also feel awkward asking the therapist. With many kinds of massage to choose from, it can get pretty confusing. Here, different types of massage are duly explained. It shall serve as a guide to a trip to the massage place or spa is a little bit more relaxing for knowing exactly what to have.
Swedish Massage is ideal for someone who has not had a massage before. Known as the more common type of massage offered at a Cannon Hill massage spa, Swedish massage is recommended for those with a lot of tension. The tension can effectively be dealt with through the following:
– Kneading (depending on the pressure)
– Flowing direction which follows the direction towards the heart
– Varying motions particular one that goes deep into the tissue
– Tapping and vibration (only an expert and well-trained therapist can properly perform vibration)
Hot Stone Massage
Hot Stone Massage is similar to the Swedish, only it uses heated stones. The combination of the therapist’s hands and heated stones make for a therapeutic, relaxing, and rejuvenating massage. Just like the Swedish, Hot Stone Massage relieves tension by releasing muscle knots. Also, such a type of massage helps in blood flow.
Aromatherapy Massage is best-suited for those who wish to obtain peace of mind and deep relaxation through gentle and soft-pressured strokes. It is important to note, however, that this type of massage is a little bit pricier since it uses specialty and essential oils. For proponents of this massage, they claim it’s well worth the price.
Deep Tissue Massage
If Swedish applies adequate deep tissue pressure, expect more of it from Deep Tissue Massage. This type of massage is ideal for someone who suffers from chronic muscle problems. It can also alleviate tight muscles, muscle pain, and even anxiety. In Deep Tissue Massage, the therapist shall use slow strokes and deep finger pressure. Such pressure is applied to the muscle layers and connective tissues.
You can get Sports Massage in a reputable and credible Cannon Hill massage center. This type of massage is recommended to those with muscle injury through repetitive movements playing sports. However, Sports Massage is also good to avoid/prevent getting sports-related injuries. Usually, the therapist may concentrate on parts of the body that needs attention. He or she may apply deep pressure which is then alternated with relaxing strokes depending on the body’s needs.
While the previous types of massage are ideal when naked, Reflexology allows clothes on. Ensure that the clothes are loose and comfortable to have access to arms, legs, and back. Depending on the intended pressure, the therapist may use gentle or firm ones to the feet, hands, back, and even the ears. For those who wish to regain their natural energy levels, Reflexology comes highly recommended.
Just like the Swedish, Shiatsu is one of the more popular types of massage. This massage has its interesting origins in Japan. Shiatsu is best for those who wish to gain emotional and physical relaxation. People who also yearn for some muscle tension and headache relief may turn to Shiatsu.
Shiatsu Massage utilizes the therapist’s hands, palms, and thumbs to specific points of the body. Pulsing pressure is used to alleviate the discomfort experienced. Similar to Reflexology, comfortable clothes may be worn during a Shiatsu Massage session. This type is also readily offered in a credible and reputable Cannon Hill massage center.
- Reasons Why Amcal Chemist is the Go-To Place for Your Health Needs
- Introduction to Comprehensive Health Services – Where can you get them?
- Discover the Comprehensive Dental Services at Cannon Hill Dental
- Four Major Advantages Of Food Courts In Shopping Centers
- Get That Hollywood Smile with Cannon Hill Dental – Your One-Stop Dental Clinic!